The TEFL in China training program is organized by the Information Research Center, of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA). The TEFL in China certification is authorized by the Department of Cultural and Educational Experts, of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA), and is officially recognized throughout China.
In order to address fluctuations in supply and demand for foreign teachers in China, foreign expert status is limited to those who have two years of teaching experience. The department of Cultural and Educational Experts, of the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs (SAFEA), permits foreigners to teach in China, with foreign expert status, if they have taken the TEFL in China training, have obtained their certificate, and have their records on the evaluation system for foreign language experts, which is maintained by the Information Research Center, SAFEA. Of course, every applicant who would like to apply a foreign expert certificate must have a bachelor's degree or beyond.
TEFL training is an intensive program. The course complies with international standards. The training is designed for those who are motivated to teach English in China. The purpose of the training class is to help foreign teachers:
- Teach English effectively as a foreign language in China
- Understand and align their work with the Chinese education system
- Adapt to Chinese culture
- Adjust their teaching style according to the learning habits of Chinese students
Upon successful completion of this training and the examination, the TEFL in China Certificate will be awarded. All trainers posses degrees in education and substantial teaching experience in China. They do not limit the training to TEFL studies. Rather, they share the practical experience and offer a realistic preview of the work EFL teachers do in China.
i2 Education English teacher is able to join a TEFL course for free. But if you are not an i2 Education teacher, you still can join to get your TEFL certificate with a low fee.
The training includes two sections: in-class training and on-line evaluation.
TEFL training plan
The training classes are classified into two parts:
2) Chinese laws and regulations (Chinese in the classroom is optional upon requirements): about 2-4 class hours, trainers are Chinese experts.
The TEFL examination session is 90 minutes, normally arranged at noon or afternoon on the final day.
The content of the course includes:
- Introduction to Second Language Acquisition
- Language Teaching Methodology
- Modern Teaching Methods in China
- Teaching Conversation Classes to Lower Levels
- Teaching Pronunciation
- Teaching Communication to Higher Levels
- Teaching Writing
- Using Stories & Drama Techniques
- Using Pictures and Video
- Teaching Vocabulary
- Teaching Reading & Listening
- Appropriate Classroom Language
- Teaching Practice of Conversation Class
- Using Music in the Classroom
- Characteristics of the Chinese Education System
- Learning Habits of Chinese Students
- Chinese Culture
- Laws and Regulations Concerning Foreign Teachers in China
- Professional Teaching Certificate
- Authentication for a Chinese work visa
- Classroom confidence
- Resume booster
- Better paying job
How to apply for it?